Friday, February 24, 2012

Whew, what a week this has been! Kids off from school all week, Pete finally left on Monday (only 3 days later), finishing touches on packing up the house, sold my car, shipped Stella off to Colorado and had a tiny glitch with Pete's car. I don't think I ever sat down until today to type this up!

I can't even fathom that the moving truck will be here in 4 days. It is crazy. We are pretty bare bones here right now...things in piles, trying to eat down the pantry, no vacuum cleaner (borrowing one for now-thanks Jess), TVs all going by Monday (it's gonna be ugly -Henry will have Xbox withdrawls for sure) and one more week of school for the kids! Thought I would let you know our schedule for the next several weeks before we leave:

Feb. 28 ~ movers come
Feb 29 ~ house closes
Mar 4 ~ driving to Boise
Mar 5 ~ driving to Sun Valley
Mar 11 ~ Jen goes to UK for a house hunting trip
Mar 18 ~ Jen home to Seattle
Mar19 ~ kids home to Seattle (first solo flight!)
Mar 23 ~ see the Hunger Games and all fly to UK that evening!!

Nothing says jet lag like 3 international flights in 12 days!

Here is a picture of May when she found out Pete's 1st flight was cancelled



The letter May wrote to our friends the Lyles.
They are taking care of Stella while we are gone.





I have assigned Pete homework this weekend to send me a blog update! Let's see if he turns in his assignment on time!

Also, I would like to thank all of my friends who have helped out the past few weeks with play dates, carpooling me and the kids around to various car dealerships and sports practices, borrowing trucks and vacuums,babysitting furniture, babysitting and watching my dog (sorry about the carpets Kelly!) Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart! Sometimes it does take a village ( I hate that saying BTW)!
We got this!


1 comment:

  1. I love May's letter. So sweet!! You are one busy Mama!! Enjoy your last few days in Seattle. Please say hi to your Mom and Dad when you get to SV. xoxo

    ReplyDelete