Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Moving Day!

I am sitting here at my computer watching the mover guys pack ALL my stuff. So weird. The lead mover guy said that I was the most organized move they have ever done and it will be a piece of cake! He was shocked at how little stuff we have but I think we have a ton of stuff!

I have never been professionally moved before. They really do everything for you! Pete and I have lived in 4 homes together and we have always moved ourselves, with friend's help (Tom Bice, you might have helped with EVERY move I bet!). When Pete and I moved from our first rental house to our first home we bought on Queen Anne it was pouring down rain. Pete had his PINK pick up truck, and we loaded it up with the mattress and his log bed he had hand made himself. Again, POURING RAIN. I followed him as we drove from Eastlake to Queen Anne. At the intersection of the Fremont bridge, in front of the Nickerson Street Saloon, he popped the clutch, and the entire mattress and log bed pieces flew out the back into the middle of the intersection. I was a bit behind and came upon this tall man, swearing up a storm, trying to negotiate traffic and the rain and get all of this back in his truck! We arrived to our brand new, soon to be newlywed, home and end up sleeping on the floor, with the heat turned up to 90 degrees in order to dry the mattress. So I am sold on this professional moving stuff. I almost feel bad sitting here typing, Facebooking and texting! But not really.

 Pile of stuff for the boat container shipment (arrive in 5-6 weeks)

 Pile of stuff for air container shipment (arrive in 2-3 weeks)

 Mover guy #1 busy packing up the kitchen

Sun Valley Staging Room
Driving all this to SV with road bikes on the back of the Land Cruiser.
Suitcases full of clothes and shoes for kids and I, ski clothes (aka bulky!), carry on bags, sleeping bags, and a ton of other random crap, etc...


Meanwhile, Pete is trucking along in jolly old England working his butt off. When he arrived his new boss was on vacation and so he just got settled, caught up on email and put his head to the grindstone. All weekend he worked on a presentation that he gave yesterday in Dublin! So cool that he has already jumped on a quick flight over to Ireland (and stayed at the Four Seasons Dublin apparently)!


1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is weird, to say the least, seeing all your stuff packed up!

    We got professionally moved once...they even packed our TRASH!!! I wasn't there to supervise, and they just pack...everything!!

    Of course you were totally organized. GO YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete