Monday, March 26, 2012

We made it!

We made it! Uneventful flight and we left on time! My only beef with British Airways is that their planes are old. Some of you who saw Henry the night before we left, all he could talk about was the movies he was going to watch on the LONG flight...Tower Heist, Moneyball and In Time. Well guess who's in-flight entertainment system NEVER worked? Mine didn't either but I had my laptop with Friday Night Lights queued up...but he was a trooper. We chatted and then switched with May to watch Tower Heist. Kids got some sleep...me not so much.
Pete drove to the airport and met us! It was so AWESOME to be reunited after 6 weeks apart!  He is quite the driver!

Our flat is great. Small but great. Two bedrooms, two baths. Two double beds. Small. A cot for Henry. Luggage stored on top of the kitchen cabinets and really anywhere we can fit it--even in the boot of the car! It will be a long few weeks here and I have to remember to pace...easy to walk the kids and myself to exhaustion!

On Sunday after we arrived, we took a drive and showed the kids the house. The current tenants were outside and let us come in and show the kids. It was excellent! We met their kids and they are the nicest family. We also met the the family across the street - they have two girls 8 and 9! I think we will be super happy there-- it is Issaquah in England!



Will I ever get rid of the bags under my eyes completely??

Love this pic of the kids-we had so much stuff and I had to have the kids help me push all the trolleys! You can barely see May!

The folks currently renting our house recommended this cute PUB which was way hidden. We felt lucky to know about it and it was booked for Sunday lunch but we got in. Loads of hiking trails all around so folks hike and then come in for a pint!
Just happy to be here!



This is a lame picture but Pete decorated our entire flat with streamers and Welcome Home! He got us each little presents: Henry Lego books and lottery tickets, May a fedora, purse and lottery tickets and I got a map of London, a new cell phone and a granny grocery cart we named Maude!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love the pub and am cracking up about Issaquah in England. I am sure the nbors will LOVE adorable May!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys are having so much fun! The picture of all of you pushing your luggage is great! Just some Americans who brought way to much stuff for their 2week vacation! Ha ha
    Ps: forget the bags under your eyes your hair looks really good.
    Xo
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete